Tuesday, January 26, 2010
-Protect from weather element such as rain and sun.
-Read newspaper, magazine, book etc.
-to be occupied.
-Not to get fed up and lose control.
Talk to someone on the phone or face to face.
-to be occupied and reduce boredom.
It protects the baby from weather elements, such as rain,sun and wind. It also gives the baby a place to sleep of sit at when outdoors.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Global Warming-Rise in sea level
Problem:Greenhouse gasses increase as cars and other vehicles factories burn lots of fossil fuels to provide us with our daily needs.
When Greenhouse gasses(like carbon dioxide)increase,the earth will get warmer,hence there is global warming.
Due to the temperature rising,there are lots of problems now,like the polar ice caps are melting,causing a rise in the sea level.
What happens: When the sea level is rising,low altitude islands may sink below the sea.
The people who live on these island may have huge problems as the sea may destroy human property .
Also,animals who live on the ice caps will also have problems,as they will have less land to live on,so there may be a problem of overcrowding,and may not be able to adjust to the heat high enough.
Solution:We should all try to conserve energy and use the 3r`s to save the planet.We should also try greener ways to make energy,by using wind or solar energy,or by making more environmentally products for us to use.
Currently,scientist are trying to use Geo-engineering to solve climate change
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
definition of environment:
1 the surroundings or conditions in which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates.
2 ( the environment) the natural world, as a whole or in a particular geographical area, esp. as affected by human activity.
adopted from: New Oxford American Dictionary
adopted from: Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_environment
Before researching on the internet, we defined the meaning of art, design, media and techonology ourselves.
- expressing yourself
- unique things
- making it in a whole new way by using tools from our learning device to help us.
- making an ordinary and plain object look unique
- software (example keynotes and pages)
- using virtual applications
- using hightech equipments
After researching, we got the following information:
- it is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way that appeals to the senses or emotions. It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations, and modes of expression, including music, literature, film, sculpture, and paintings. The meaning of art is explored in a branch of philosophy known as aesthetics.
adopted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art
- it is the planning that lays the basis for the making of every object or system
- In the arts, media (plural of medium) are the materials and techniques used by an artist to produce a work.
- Technology deals with human as well as other animal species' usage and knowledge of tools and crafts, and how it affects a species' ability to control and adapt to its natural environment.